Inspired by Beef It's What's For Dinner
Prep time: 5-10 minutes (not including thaw time)
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- Medium (or large) pan
- Bowl (to marinate the meat)
- Plate (to set cooked meat aside)
- 1 lb beef steak, sliced
- 1 tbsp minced garlic (or homemade chili garlic paste)
- 1/4 tsp (or sprinkle) red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup onions, diced (or green onions, chopped)
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped (optional)
- 1 handful mushrooms (optional)
It should go without saying, but thaw your meat before starting!
1.) Mix beef steak with a tablespoon of garlic or chili garlic paste in a bowl. Let marinate while preparing other ingredients.
2.) Cook meat with medium heat about 1-2 minutes each side or until no longer pink. Set aside when done.
3.) Turn heat down to medium-low and cook the onions (and ginger and mushrooms if desired) until fragrant. Pour the oyster sauce and sugar and let simmer for about 1-2 minutes. If cooking with mushrooms, let those cook a bit longer, about another 1-2 minutes.
4.) Place steak back in and mix well.
Voila! You did it!
Do you want to impress your partner, friends, or your stomach with more tasty recipes?
Try my next easy recipe: Stuffed Bell Peppers!
Or my last recipe: Baked Tuscan Butter Salmon!